President/Coach/Trainer/VoiceOver Artist/Keynote Speaker – AEA/SAG/AFTRA/AWM – M.F.A. in Acting, University of California, Irvine
Selected Teaching Credits
Lau Lapides is currently an esteemed faculty member specializing in Voice, Speech,and Breathing Techniques for Broadcasting and Radio Performance at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. She also holds a board member position at Orange Coast Community College in Coast Mesa, California. Past faculty positions include Bentley University and Boston University School of Mass Communication teaching Acting, Oral Communications, and Group Communications, Play, Performance, Perspectives: The London Stage in Winter! & created Acting Skills for Business Success geared for the MBA program, faculty & Staff at Babson College.
- The Ad Club’s Women’s Leadership Forum, 100 Women We Admire Recognition 2013.
- Lau Lapides “Best Director” 4 years running at Playwrights platform Festival in Boston.
- Audience Choice Best Play, Road to Monte Carlo By George Matry Masselam, Playwrights Platform 38th Annual Festival of New Plays, to be published by Heuer Publishing, LLC.
- Best Director, Playwrights Platform 38th Annual Festival of New 2010.
- Best Full Length Play, The New England Russian Theatre 2010.
- Special Achievement Award, 3-part series to Health Care Business Women’s Association from the Speech Improvement Company. 2009.
- Best Director, Playwrights Platform 37th Annual Festival of New Plays Playwrights 2009.
- Audience Choice Best Play, Mother in my Head by Chris King, Playwrights Platform 35th An- nual Festival of New Plays, to be published by Heuer Publishing, 2007.
- Best Director, Playwrights Platform 35th Annual Festival of New Plays Playwrights 2007.
- Competent Toastmaster Award (CTM) Sales and Marketing T 2005.
- Featured Director in Jerry Bisantz’s play Meds on Speck, First Edition, Bakers 2005.
- “Women Who Make a Difference” Awarded by Babson 2003 & 2004
- Featured Actress in Robert Cohen’s book Theatre, Fifth Edition, Mayfield Publishing Com- pany. 2000.
- Full Fellowship and teaching assistantship for a three year residency at UC 1998-2000.
- ArtsBridge 1998-2000.
- Principle cast member of The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui: Southern California OKIE award winner for best college production and best 1999.
- Honorariums awarded for professional directorial projects from Dean Jill Beck of the School of the Arts, UC 1999 & 2000.
- Nominee for the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship submitted by Bridgewater State 1988.
- Awarded the Theodore Luddington & C. Marion Luddington Memorial Scholarship. 1986 Principle performer in the The Comedy of Errors nominated by the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival as best college production. 1988.
- Nominee for the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship submitted by Salem State 1988.
Selected Acting Credits
Projects include 409 Edgecomb Avenue: The House on Sugar Hill (Up You Mighty Race Productions), IRNE nominated Talking to Terrorists (Sugan Theatre), Taming of the Shrew & Measure for Measure (Colorado Shakespeare Festival), Twelfth Night & All in the Timing The Vineyard Playhouse in Martha’s Vineyard), A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Merrimack Repertory Theater), and numerous Film and TV credits. She performed in the critically acclaimed independent film “Intermezzo” (won best independent film in Hollywood in 1997) and in Boston worked as Minni Driver’s double in the Oscar winning “Good Will Hunting.” As a voice-over talent in the LA and Boston area her voice can be heard selling everything from Home Depot News Online to Eukenuba Puppy Chow!
Selected Directing/Producing Credits
They’re On; They’re Off: Young Actors Winter Festival, Turtle Lane Playhouse, Road to Monte Carlo/In Between/Slip and Fall Guy and The Role Play in The New England Fringe Festival, Winds of Change Boston Playwrights Theatre, Swan Day, The Least of These by Christopher King 2010, Road to Monte Carlo by George Matry Masselam 2010, Model Behavior By Hortense Gerardo 2010, Boston Theatre Marathon, Boston. Produced The New England Russian Theatre Festival, the Playwrights Platform, Boston Invited Producer of I Am Profound By Amanda Hurlburt 2010, Director & Producer for Playwrights’ Platform Tricia and Tony By George Matry Masselam 2010, Co-produced by lau lapides company and Playwrights Platform, Chekhov’s Last Love (The New England Russian Theatre Festival), Tricia & Tony and I Am Profound (Boston Theatre Marathon 2010), Scrabble (Our Voices Festival @ Regis College), Death and Motor Vehicles (SlamBoston), A Ticklish Situation (Boston Theatre Marathon 2006), God’s Country (Babson College), Professional Skepticism (Bentley College), Mother in My Head, Dark Retreat and Christmas at Grandma’s; What Big Teeth You Have (Playwright’s Platform Festival 2007 at Boston University), Member of the Bar, The Wish and Murphy the Cat, Gaslit & My Name is Art (Dragonfly Festivals 2006/7 at Devanaughn Theatre), Nosmo King and Mother Teresa of Flatbush & Equal Separate (Slam 2006 Festival at Another Country Productions), Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew & The She Show ( Babson College), Rumors (Merrimack College).